Are you dreaming of being on the ski slopes? There is nothing like it. You get a ride to the top of the mountain and get to have fun all the way down. This is where I learned to telemark ski and is my favorite local ski resort that just keeps getting better. That’s Eldora…. above Nederland and about a 40 min drive from Boulder Colorado down below. This is a great place to learn and also have a reasonable season pass too. There is even bus service from Boulder. Back in the day I would park my car at the canyon and hitch a ride with a sign that says Eldora on one side and Boulder on the other. Saved a lot on gas, those were the days!
Here are some facts about Eldora
- Skiing, snowboarding, cross-country and snowshoe friendly!
- Opened for skiing in 1962.
- Receives 300 inches of snow per year.
- It boasts Colorado’s best snowmaking system. Coverage is 100% of groomed terrain, more than any other resort in Colorado!
- The base area of Eldora has an elevation of 9,200 feet above sea level. Top elevation is 10,800 feet.
- The most difficult trail at Eldora is Corona Bowl – a double black diamond!
- Eldora is only 21 miles from Boulder and 47 miles from Denver.
- The resort has 680 acres of skiable terrain.
- Eldora’s longest run is 3 miles long!
Love the back side of this mountain. Now they are adding new high speed lifts and runs. One of our big skiing traditions was always A Basin in May. Shorts and Bikini and gourmet picnic wth Lobsters, clams, wine and cheese all packed in the snow. How about having this view on your walls to motivate you to get back on your skies or past memories gone by.
By purchasing art from us please know you are supporting the arts and the artist to survive and continue working. It is greatly appreciated. All Colorado nature landscape fine art photography images are available to decorate your home or office, as custom framed or unframed poster prints, decorative canvas gallery wrap or museum wrap, awesome clean ready to hang acrylic art prints, durable water resistant lightweight metal fine art prints, home decor products, shower curtains, throw pillows, lifestyle products and licensing for all kinds of media. Museum quality art with fast, safe, secure, worldwide International shipping to your door. You can check them out here.
If you like our Art Gallery please spread the word and press the Pinterest, FB, Google+, Twitter or SU Buttons! Thank you!
Feel Free to share our links, with Family or Friends who may also enjoy them.
All images are under the (C) copyright all rights reserved by photographer James Insogna, and may not be used, duplicated, or altered without written permission. Images on this site are not of public domain.
ColoradoNatureArt.com (C) all rights reserved.