A beautiful scenic overlook autumn landscape view of the city of Boulder Colorado, looking over the University up to the majestic snow dusted rocky mountains continental divide. The city is alive as the University is getting back in the full swing of things. The first time visiting Colorado my shock was the lack of trees on the foothills and plains. Coming from the east it is a whole different ballgame. Once you get up into the elevation you see more forest and trees. And then when you get above 11,000 feet they all disappear again into tundra.
The cities are great because you have a great variety of trees like maples, elms and cottonwoods. Mapleton avenue is so beautiful in the autumn as it is lines with large mature trees. One of the best things about Boulder is how easy it is to get around on a bike. The trails are amazing and scenic.
Some cool facts about Boulder
- The NIST-F1 Cesium Fountain Atomic Clock, which sets the official time of the entire United States, is housed at the National Institute of Standards and Technology in Boulder. It is designed to keep absolutely precise time for the next 80 million years… whoa!
- Boulder’s Third Flatiron towers 1,400 feet high, a few hundred feet higher than the Empire State Building, and has been climbed by people without using their hands, on roller skates, naked and in eight minutes (by separate climbers).
- Boulder boasts the most people who walk to work per capita, and is one of only 13 Gold-level Walk Friendly Communities in the United States
- Bicycling is such a way of life in Boulder that the city can boast an enormous network of bike lanes and paths: 159 centerline miles. If all of the bike lanes in Boulder were laid end to end, they would stretch a greater distance than from Zurich to Milan.
- As recently as 1939, Boulder was still receiving its mail by way of mules, not automobiles, and was the last city in the United States to have its post delivered this way.
- It is illegal to build a structure larger than four stories in Boulder. The intention is to preserve the city’s uninterrupted view of the mountains.
- The city is so left-wing that it is regularly—if jokingly—referred to as “The People’s Republic of Boulder.”
Hope this print brings back some great memories for you.
By purchasing art from us please know you are supporting the arts and the artist to survive and continue working. It is greatly appreciated. All Colorado nature landscape fine art photography images are available to decorate your home or office, as custom framed or unframed poster prints, decorative canvas gallery wrap or museum wrap, awesome clean ready to hang acrylic art prints, durable water resistant lightweight metal fine art prints, home decor products, shower curtains, throw pillows, lifestyle products and licensing for all kinds of media. Museum quality art with fast, safe, secure, worldwide International shipping to your door. You can check them out here.
- Boulder Colorado Autumn Scenic Overlook View – Royalty Free Downloads Here
- Boulder Colorado Autumn Scenic Overlook View – Licensed Use Digital Downloads Here
If you like our Art Gallery please spread the word and press the Pinterest, FB, Google+, Twitter or SU Buttons! Thank you!
Feel Free to share our links, with Family or Friends who may also enjoy them.
All images are under the (C) copyright all rights reserved by photographer James Insogna, and may not be used, duplicated, or altered without written permission. Images on this site are not of public domain.
ColoradoNatureArt.com (C) all rights reserved.